Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Happy Owl-idays Card

This card uses a stamp and die set from Pink and Main that I won recently called "What a Hoot." It's actually a birthday set with adorable owl stamps and birthday sentiments with cute puns and a matching die set, but I thought it would be fun to use this cute owl in a present for a Christmas card and make my own punny sentiment!
I used an A2 card base and cut a background layer using a die from WPlus9's Sunshine Layers. I stamped and die cut my owl and used my Silhouette Design Studio software to write and print "Happy Owl-idays." I drew a cut file around it and made a print and cut of it after sizing it up to fit this card.
I colored my stamp with Copic and MEXPY markers and added some gold stars to embellish it. A big thank you to Michelle at Pink and Main for a great challenge and generous prizes. This month's Pink and Main challenge is "Christmas," so why not join in?
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Pink and Main Monthly Challenges: Christmas theme
http://www.pinkandmainchallenges.blogspot.com/
Classy Cards N Such: Stars
http://classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com/
Paper Sweeties Challenge Blog
http://papersweeties.com/category/blog/

6 comments:

  1. Super cute holiday card, Carrie! Thank you for sharing your work with us this month at Paper Sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute and creative card, Carrie. I love when stamps and supplies can be used for multiple occasions. Thank you for joining our weekly challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.
    Mindy~CCNS~DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another super darling card, Carrie! That image is a HOOT! ;) Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love that little owl! Thanks so much for joining us at Pink & Main for the December challenge :)

    Stacey (Pink & Main DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I love that little owl peeking out of the box. Thanks so much for joining us in the Paper Sweeties December Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete