Thursday, December 17, 2015

Getting Ready Card

This week over at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, our twist is "Girly, Girly." There are so many great possibilities with this theme! Hope you'll join us this week!
Our wonderful sponsor this month is Sherri Baldy, and her darling "Besties" would work great for a feminine-themed card. Why not check out her etsy store and see what you find that inspires you! You can click here https://www.etsy.com/shop/SherriBaldy to visit her store.
I made an easel card base for my card using a new die set I recently bought called "Spring Orchard Collection" by Couture. I used the largest die in the set for this card. I also used that die to cut out my image once I had sized it up and printed it with my Silhouette Design Studio software. I colored the digi with Copic and MEXPY markers and paper pieced the towel on her head, popping it up with foam tape. I used some paper with bobby pins on it that I thought went well with the digi and then grouped some digi nail polish bottles and printed them out. I die cut them with Spellbinders large rectangles and adhered the panel with foam tape. I debated adding some die cut flowers to the image, but in the end I didn't want to make the card too busy since I wanted the darling little girl to be the focus. Of course I couldn't help adding a few gems for texture and sparkle, but I think Sherri's digi is definitely the star in this card!
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - W, 5E - Die Crazy

7 comments:

  1. Adorable card, love the big eyes and digi stamp, too sweet.
    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderfully done "girly" card, Carrie. I love the added nail polish bottles and the paper piecing for the towel is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute. I can remember when I used to paint my nails before I would go out. I have 2 artificial hips reaching my nails is a part of the past..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, leaving such a nice comment, and following me. I'm delighted to become your newest folower. Have a blessed week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I just wanted to let you know that when I tried to follow your blog, I found out that I have been following your blog for a very long time. I scrolled back through your early blog followers.......and there I am! I knew I loved you blog the first time I saw it.
      Blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
  5. Wow such a cute card and love the image - great job thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Carrie! soooo cute, fabulous coloring! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete