Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Jessica Lynn Owl Card

This card uses a free digi from Jessica Lynn called Brentwood Owl. Thanks, Jessica, for giving this adorable owl with his coffee cup away this week for the Coffee Makers Blog Hop! He's just perfect!
I made a 5X6 inch card base using Kraft card stock. Then I stamped coffee beans (Fiskars "Latte Love" stamp set) on it in red ink to make a festive coffee-themed background. I sized up my digi in my Silhouette and drew a cut file around him before doing a print and cut of him. Then I colored him with Copic and MEXPY markers. I colored a white Wilton 4-inch doily with a green Copic marker to put him on and did a print and cut of my "Happy Owl-idays" sentiment. I adhered the sentiment with glue tape and used foam squares for the doily and image.
I'm planning to enter this card in the following challenges:
Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop
http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/
Through the Craft Room Door: ATG
http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/2015/12/always-anything-goes-dec-15th-dec-21st.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FaROwQz+%28Through+The+Craft+Room+Door%29
Verve Stamps Challenge: Cup of Kindness
http://www.vervestamps.blogspot.com/p/inspiration-challenge.html
Word Art Wednesday: ATG
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: A Pinch of Something (I used a pinch of humor!)
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Pile it On: ATG Christmas or Winter
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/12/pile-it-on-98-anything-christmaswinter.html

15 comments:

  1. Oh, Carrie, this is so cute, love your bean background! thanks for sharing and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those stamped coffee beans paired with that adorable owl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cute, I love Owls, great job! I have also become your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww...this is cute! Love that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely layed out card, and Brentwood is very happy sitting on a colorful doily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love Brentwood! I haven't used him yet... but I will!! First Newton...lol... love your card! Nice coffee bean background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a charming little card you've made! I love all the clever details you added that tie everything together-- like the coffee beans in the background. I also think your coloring skills are a-ma-zing! This looks so pro and I bet Brentwood is proud of how great he looks under your skilled hands! This card made me smile and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sweet Brentwood is such a happy little guy. Your card is quite charming, and I love the doily you've got your main image panel on, and that you've made your own clever sentiment to go along with him. Sweet card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so fun! Gotta love coffee and owls together! The background is perfect to set off this adorable guy… bet his eyes get even bigger after that huge coffee! ; ) Thanks for sharing with us over at TTCRD.
    Katrina
    ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete