Thursday, December 17, 2015

One in a Million Card

This week over at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, our theme is "Girly, girly." I chose this great precolored Sherri Baldy digi featuring 2 friends for my card. Sherri is our wonderful sponsor for the month of December. You can check out her lovely digi stamps at:
The image I used comes from Sherri Baldy's "White Christmas" crafting CD which is full of digis, tags, boxes, digi papers and SVG files.
  
I used a Silhouette Design Studio cut file to cut out the card base with patterned paper and then used digi paper for the cut outs on the front of the card. I did a trace and cut of the digi image and adhered 2 more layers to the original image for a 3-D effect. I added some dew drops from The Robin's Nest then 2 hearts and a flair from Freckled Fawn. The flair is adhered so that its edge keeps the front flap in place. By lifting the flap out from under the edge of the flair, you can open the card.
 
With the flap open slightly so you can see the dimension on the image:
Here's the inside of the card base.
 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
 
My Besties Pretty Precolored Printable Challenge M, 3E, SIR (must have any Bestie) No.18 December - Anything Goes  with a Bestie
CD Sunday -2W, must use something from a CD - A Cool Yule (W2 of 2)

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous, unique design, Carrie. Thanks for following my blog. I am following you now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic design for the card base, Carrie. The image is adorable and I like all the "girly" baubles you added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the different shape of your card! I like the added extras you added to make this card sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way this card opens, it is so different and the dimension on the image is wonderful. Sherri has some amazing pre colored sets and this one is wonderful.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat shape card I love it your images is so beautifully coloured a super lovely card. Thank you for sharing it with us over at My Bestie 3D and More Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie it's Andrea here, would you mind if I use a card in the same shape as this gorgeous card. I would like to make the shape template with my Silhouette Cameo Hugs Andrea TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so wonderful! Love the shape of your card. Thank you for sharing with us over at My Besties 3D and More Challenge. Best of luck.
    Vicki, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very unusual card shape and really pretty colours and image
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous shaped card and lovely image too, thanks for joining us at Cd Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable image.....so sweet. Love the shape too. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, very cool indeed thank you for sharing with us at CD Sunday
    Hugs Shaz GDT

    ReplyDelete