Saturday, December 19, 2015

Merci Beaucoup Card


For those of you who don't know me, I was a French literature major in college and currently tutor students in French through an online tutoring service. I always love it when I come across something fun like this digi stamp set called "French Mustache" by From the Heart Stamps. I knew I had to have him as soon as I saw him, and this week I have a great opportunity to use him for a thank you card for the director of the media center ("library" for those of us from an older generation!) at a local elementary school where I volunteer each week. She bought me a lovely Christmas gift to thank me for volunteering, and I wanted to make her a special card to thank her for her gift.
I started this card with a 5X7 inch Kraft card base and embossed it with a Cuttlebug chicken wire embossing folder. Then I sized up my digi and sentiment in my Silhouette Design Studio software and drew a cut box around it. I filled in the cut box with a pattern from my library and did a print and cut. I then colored my image with Copic and MEXPY markers and used some Zazz glitter glue in "tangerine" for his beak. I adhered the image to the background paper with glue tape and then added a brad with the Eiffel Tower metal charm tied around it with twine. I adhered the whole panel to the card base with foam squares and added 3 enamel dots to the lower left. Voila! C'est tout!
I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges:

I {heart} Sketches with a twist
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/12/14/i-heart-card-sketches-with-a-twist-131/












Share Joy Challenge (glitter on his beak, no patterned paper-the blue is digi paper, twine on my metal charm)
http://www.sharejoychallenge.blogspot.com/

C.R.A.F.T. W,5E #342 Thank You
Crafty Girls Creations 2W,3E Always Anything Goes
DL ART Thursday Challenge 2W,2nd & 4th Thurs,3E #170 Blue & White Or Red & Green (W2 of 2) Monthy Challenge: Always Anything Goes




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and the charm is a great touch! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! Love that charm too!

    Thank you for playing along with us at From The Heart Stamps!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.
    Beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Ch.'s Thank you challenge.
    Have a nice day and happy Christmas!
    Jana - DT C.R.A.F.T. Ch.
    My blog: http://janinustvarjalnivrt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant card thanks for sharing at craft this week and merry christmas

    ReplyDelete