Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Go Wild Mystery Monday Birthday Card

Last night I did my second Mystery Monday stamping project with TX Stampin' Sharon on Youtube (if you'd like to watch the replay and create a card with a layout like mine, follow this link: Hello Friend Mystery Stamping Card - YouTube), and I created a birthday card with the mystery clues she gave us this time. One of the shuts in from my church is turning 82 this Friday, and I wanted to send her a fun card to celebrate. I pulled out some birthday-themed card stock and some adorable animal stamps from Art Impressions (from the sets Bus Cubbies and Hedgehogs Set) and got busy following the step-by-step "clues" Sharon gave us to create the layout on the front of the card. I stamped and die cut my koala and giraffe and then colored them with Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol markers. I used foam tape to adhere them and the "Go wild" sentiment from an MFT stamp set to the front of the card. For the inside of the card, I created my own layout (Sharon's clues were only for the card front). I stamped the hedgehog and cactus and the punny "Let me keep this short and to the point" sentiment from the AI Hedgehogs set and colored the stamp with my Ohuhu Honolulu markers. Then I used a stitched rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs to die cut the sentiment. I fussy cut the hedgehog and adhered my layers to the inside of the card. 





Close up of the adorable little animals from the AI Bus Cubbies set:


Inside of the card:


(1/3; 

Challenges I'm entering:




The Paper Shelter: Birthday (1/2; ends 7/18/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 7/10 for the challenge; ends 7/19/23)

Creative Knockouts: Finish the inside (1/2; ends 7/20/23) C10

Allsorts challenge blog: ATG (2/3; ends 7/21/23)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends 7/28/23)

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge ...: ATG (1/3; ends 8/5/23)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (6/8; ends at the end of the month)

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Birthdays--my koala and giraffe were die cut with the coordinating dies in AI's Bus Cubbies stamp and die set (4/4; ends at the end of the month)

 

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, so much detail. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, your card is adorable!! I love how you decorated the inside of the card too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sharon! AI has some fun stamps for sure!

      Delete
  3. What a delightful card, Carrie. Thank you for joining our Birthday Celebrations challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, hope to see you soon, and have a happy day. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty fun card, many thanks for sharing another card with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! I love the front design and all the stamped animals! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card. The selection of animals is very cute. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww - what a cutie; it really made me smile, Carrie! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I really have fun with Mystery Stamping!

      Delete
  9. So darn cute. I love the little animals. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the Birth Day challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arlene! I'm thinking those Bus Cubbie animals will be fun for baby cards, too!

      Delete
  10. Love the design of your card, very inspirational layout! Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles challenge!
    Hope to see you again soon.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nunzia! Mystery Monday stamping is fun because you don't know in advance what the card layout is going to look like when it's finished!

      Delete
  11. What a fun card. I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled to receive it. The patterned paper is perfect for a critter birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete