Thursday, July 13, 2023

S'more Flip Card

The craft outlet store I like to shop at recently had a special sale where everything in the store was 80% off the already discounted price, and I picked up this adorable Maker Forte s'more layering stencil set (along with a whole lot of other crafty goodies😂). There are 4 stencils in the set, and by layering them up, the following pattern is created (I did four sets with the stencil on a 12X12 sheet):


I needed some thank you cards for the volunteers who brought baked goods for our Friends of the Library bake sale, so I thought I would make s'mores themed cards using this darling stencil. I created a cut file in my Silhouette Design Studio software for the flip card base using an idea from Lisa Curcio that you can view here: (2) How to Make a Fun Fold Birthday Card With an Extraordinary Flap - YouTube. It's an easy fun fold card that doesn't require an electronic cutting machine, so don't let that stop you if you don't have a Cricut, Silhouette, etc. I like to create cut files for my Silhouette Cameo when I'm doing a set of cards because it saves time. The "The world needs s'more people like you" sentiment is from the Silhouette Design Store. I sized it up and did a print and cut of it for the flap. Then I matted my layers and assembled the cards. 

Here's a look at some of the cards:


Some of the cards had three strips and some were just one large panel for the s'more design:







For the inside sentiment, I used "Tasty Burger" font to write the sentiment and then did a print and cut of it. I love puns, and this one was so fitting since it was for people who donated baked goods. I added a few puffy heart stickers to decorate. 



 Challenges I'm entering: 


Through The Purple Haze Challenges: ATG (3/3; ends at the end of the month)


Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -1st to the 25th every month: Food and/or Drink (4/5; ends at the end of the month)


Double D Challenges (daranddiane.blogspot.com): The great outdoors--what camping trip would be complete without s'mores?! (2/3; ends 7/16/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for this week; 5/10 for the challenge; ends 7/19/23)

Scribble Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (3/5; ends at the end of the month)

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): Birthdays or ATG with a stencil (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words on my blog have a nice day, Anna Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a punny fun fold card, Carrie! I am sure that everyone enjoyed receiving it too! Love the sentiments with the great stencil. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Debbie! I'm always glad to participate in CCC!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous flip/fold card! We could us S'more cards like this over at PIP Challenges! Thanks for playing along with us!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I see you are a fellow pun lover! Thanks so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. So cute Carrie. Love your punny cards. Always good to tickle my funny bone. Thank you for entering Creative Creases Challenge #61. See you for #62.

    ReplyDelete