Monday, July 24, 2023

KCC11 Sketch 13: Baaah Humbug

Earlier this year, I heard about a card challenge where 6 pieces of 6X6 inch design paper were used to create 15 cards. I was intrigued and joined the Kendra's Card Challenge FB group to have access to the instructions. Every 3 months, Kendra creates a cutting guide and 15 sketches to create a set of cards with the 6 pattern papers of your choice. This is my first month to give it a go, and this card is from sketch 13 in the series of 15. Forgive me if you are reading multiple blog posts from this card series because I'm repeating the information about Kendra's Card Challenge (KCC) in each post for the 15 cards in the series. 

I recently bought a 6X6 paper pad with Christmas papers, and since Christmas in July is a popular theme for card challenges this month, I set to work cutting all 6 Christmas papers according to Kendra's guide. Let me tell you that I was glad my paper pad had multiples of each pattern because I messed up my cutting more than once! I think it will be easier the next time around, but my pro tip to you is to be sure you can give it your full attention where you are following the cutting guides for the 6 papers 😂. If you are interested in joining in on Kendra's Card Challenge, you'll find all the details here: Kendra's Card Challenges | Facebook. Something to consider that I hadn't realized before beginning this project was that there are a lot of extra pieces of cardstock required to create the cards. There are many layers to these cards that aren't included in the pieces cut for the sketches with the 6 pieces of 6X6 pattern papers, so keep that in mind. You'll want to have plenty of coordinating colors of card stock to use for your layers. 

Once I had all the papers cut, the fun part started! The card sketches can be adapted to any theme, and I found that I could use all sorts of bits and pieces from my Christmas stash. For this card, I pulled out my Lawn Fawn Baaah Humbug stamp set and stamped one of the cute sheep from the set as well as a little santa hat that I used to decorate the "Baaah Humbug" sentiment.  Isn't that a fun sentiment?! I used my Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol markers to color my ram's horn, face, and feet and also to color the Santa hat. 





 Challenges I'm entering: 

Challenges | Lawn Fawnatics: Christmas in July 

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas in July (3/3; ends 7/26/23)

Most Magical Time of the Year!: ATG Halloween or Christmas (ends at the end of the month)

jingle belles: Santa's Hat (jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com): ATG Christmas with santa's hat (ends 7/28/23) DT Top Pick 7/27/23

Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas animals (7/25/23)

Crafter's Cafe (crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas in July (5/8; ends 8/15/23)

Dream Valley Challenges: Christmas in July (3/3; ends 8/7/23)

Creative Knockouts: Christmas in July (2/3; ends 8/3/23) C10 

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: 4-legged friends (4/5; ends 7/26/23)



No more challenges

16 comments:

  1. Another super cute card Carrie, you are definitely on a roll with these. I think this one is my favourite layout with gorgeous papers and the adorable sheep. We really appreciate all the entries for this week's challenge over at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is such a lovely layout and it works well with the papers you are using… love the cute sheep in this and the sentiment.

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year with your wonderful project. Val - DT
    https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cool gridded design and how brilliant to put the hat on the sentiment strip! So happy you could join our Santa Hat fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card love the layout and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute ... love the design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sentiment perfection for your cute little holiday lamb ... so very glad you joined us again with your Santa Hat at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card. Thanks for joining our challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete