Saturday, July 8, 2023

Share A Milkshake Pop Up Wave Card

Recently I watched Sam Calcott's YouTube video on creating a Pop Up Wave card, and was thinking about creating a card following Sam's instructions when a fellow crafter in my Silhouette Card Making & Paper Crafts FB group posted a cut file to use in Silhouette Design Studio to create this card design. Thanks, Sabine Harris! I'm going to link Sam's video here: Have you seen this Pop-Up 'Stadium" Wave Card! | WOW!!! 🤩 - YouTube. She does a great job explaining how to create the card. It looks complicated but is actually easy to put together, and you definitely don't need to use an electronic cutting machine to make it.

My daughter-in-law's mom happens to be a good friend of mine (we've known each other for decades now!), and I wanted to make a special card for her birthday using Stampin' Up's Share a Milkshake stamps and dies and thought this pop up wave card would be fun. 

For the front of the card, I used die cut sundae cups, the smaller size of ice cream scoops, whipped cream (in two sizes), and cherries to create a border around the card. I didn't realize the middle sundaes on the top and bottom didn't line up until the glue had set, so I reminded myself that handmade cards aren't perfect and made a mental note to always use a mat piece I haven't adhered to the card base yet for designs like this so if there is something I need to redo, I don't have to start from scratch! The "Happy birthday" sentiment is from Stampin' Up's retired Happiness Abounds stamp set. 

Card Front:


Close up of the sundaes:


For the inside of the card, I used Sabine's cut file to cut out the pieces for the pop-up wave mechanism using my Silhouette Cameo 4. Then I assembled the pop-up elements and glued them together. I created a 6x6 top-folding card and lined the inside with yellow pattern paper that I had embossed using a Craftwell 8 1/2 x 11 inch embossing folder. I adhered that to the inside of the purple card base and then glued down the pop-up wave mechanism. Then I worked on die cutting and stamping all the little sundae cups. I used the waffle cone die from the Share A Milkshake die set and trimmed it down to make each sundae cup (credit for that idea goes to Lisa Curcio). That size fit well on the tiers of the pop up wave mechanism. I die cut the ice cream scoops in several different colors of cardstock and stamped some of them tone-on-tone if they were a plain color. The ones with patterns on them I left as is. I die cut some whipped cream and cherries and stamped the cherries using my MISTI. I added some spoons that I die cut using silver card stock. I just love how the ice cream scoop has a slit in it for the spoon or a straw that's another stamp and die in the set. 

Once I had all the ice cream bowls, scoops, whipped cream, and cherries die cut and stamped, I glued them to the tiers of the pop up wave mechanism. Then I decorated the rest of the inside of the card with elements from the Share A Milkshake stamps and dies. I love the heart dies that are included in the set. I thought a little heart on top of the sundae cup was a cute touch! 

Inside of the card:










Side view:




If you'd like to order the Share A Milkshake stamps and/or dies, the links below will take you to my friend Debbie Mageed's SU! online store where you can purchase them: 





Challenges I'm entering:


The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Birthday + a die cut (1/4; ends at the end of the month) DT Top Pick 8/3/23

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -1st to the 25th every month: Food or Drink (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

Colorful Options: Red, white, and blue or rainbow (I chose rainbow colors for my ice cream scoops) (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Monthly Mood Board | Turtles Gone Wrong? (not2shabbyshop.com): Moodboard features a graphic about ice cream (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Art Impressions Blog (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com): Birthday (Happy birthday, Bonnie!) (1/2; ends 7/20/23)

Cardz 4 Galz: More than 1 fold (2/3; ends 7/11/23) Spotlight Winner 7/13/23

Through The Purple Haze Challenges: ATG (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option of more than one fold (1/3; ends 7/14/23) Top 3 Winner 7/14/23


Allsorts challenge blog: Embossing or ATG--I used an embossing folder to emboss the inside panel of the card (1/3; ends 7/15/23)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with embossing (1/3; ends 7/22/23)

Crafty Calendar Challenge: ATG (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (3/8; ends at the end of the month)


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Dream Valley Challenges: Use dies and/or punches (1/3; ends 7/22/23)

Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): Inspiration photo: The beachball is so colorful, and my ice cream scoops are also in a variety of colors (1/8; ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Moodboard: the first photo is of an ice cream cone (1/5; ends 7/10/23)


The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG (1/6; ends at the end of the month) Winner 8/2/23

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends 7/19/23)


33 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, what a great surprise when the card is opened. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a very impressive pop-up! Thank you for the link. A very fun card. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, will you just stop with all the sweetness! Just kidding, you know that!! You continue to amaze me with your fun folds. Your DIL's mom/your friend will love this pop up, especially because there are no calories involved. Thank you for playing at CCC.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is such a fun and super cute card!!
    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
    Debbie - C4G DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an impressive card!! Thank you for sharing at allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along at the Not 2 Shabby blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love this new-to-me fun fold! Thanks so much for including the link to the video. This is the second card I've seen today using this bundle and it's now gone on my must-have list. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Carrie! Your card is OTT "sweet"! LOL The fun fold is incredible so I am so happy you made one for us to "wow" over! I have no doubt the recipient will also love it. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support (and the shout-out)!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing fold - so clever!

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Sam's creativity, I don't know how she does it. Your card is spectacular! Thanks for supporting us at the Inspiration Station Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where she comes up with all her great ideas either, but I'm so grateful she shares them! Thanks for the encouragement, Donna!

      Delete
  13. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, Carrie, what an incredible pop up! All the sundaes are so perfect for hot weather. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafty Catz last week and we hope to see you again this week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, NanaConnie! This stamp and die set is a lot of fun!

      Delete
  15. Amazing fold and so full of sweetness, Carrie. Thank you for joining the Creative Creases Challenge #61. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, This is amazing too! What fun it would be to open and enjoy this card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the Birthday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pop up card. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete