Tuesday, July 18, 2023

New Baby Congrats Card 1

A couple at my church just had a little boy, and I wanted to make a card for them. The new mom is actually the daughter of a good friend of mine, and she also went to my church's K-5 elementary school just a year ahead of my son, so she and my son are good friends. Naturally I wanted to make a new baby card to celebrate the arrival of little baby Luke! 

I followed the sketch over at MFT stamps for the card design. I've been wanting to play in that challenge more regularly, and this week's sketch seemed like an easy one to use for a quick card. 

I stamped the baby image using a retired CTMH stamp set and then die cut the image and a layer of burgundy card stock using Gina Marie Designs stitched square dies. I colored the stamped image using Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol markers and then die cut two layers of the word "congrats" from Hero Arts' "Congrats and Happy" stamp and cut set. I glued them together and then glued that to the panel. 

For the inside, I added a sticker from a pack I've had in my stash for YEARS (I never seem to remember to check all the odds and ends in my embellishment box😄). Then I chose a stamped a sentiment onto white card stock and die cut it and the olive green layer behind it using the same Gina Marie Designs stitched squares set I used for the front of the card. 






 Challenges I'm entering:

Order Now to Save 17% Sitewide PLUS Get 40% off 40 Blitzday Deals PLUS – MFT Stamps: Sketch (1/2; ends 7/18/23)
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; 8/10 for the challenge; ends 7/19/23)

Creative Knockouts: Finish the inside (2/2; ends 7/20/23) C10

TIME OUT Challenges: The quote talks about reading fairy tales to children, and my card features a child on the front. Hopefully his parents will read him many fairy tales!  C5


No more challenges

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby card! I especially love the inside design of it. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carie... fab baby card! The little embellishment inside the card is just too cute! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Time Out this week!

    ReplyDelete