Saturday, July 29, 2023

Rain or Shine Card

Here's my final card using the panel I stenciled with Penguin Palace's Sacred Lotus stencil in the Stencils 360 platform. I was able to create 3 card backgrounds from one stenciled 8 1/2 by 11 sheet. 

The sentiment, puddle, and adorable girl with the umbrella are all from Penguin Palace's Puddles of Fun digital stamp set. This set is free if you purchase the VIP pass for the upcoming Card Maker's Success Summit. Thanks, Sharon! I sized up all the digital elements and did a print and cut of them using my Silhouette Cameo 4. I colored them with Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol markers and layered the sentiment onto a piece of purple card stock. Then I popped up the girl and her umbrella with foam tape. I added some pretty pearls to the sentiment panel and then added some glass rain drops from my stash. 



 Challenges I'm entering: 

ppstampschallenge.blog



Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): The graphic shows water, and my card also has water: raindrops and a puddle (5/8; ends at the end of the month)

Allsorts challenge blog: Anything but a square (2/3; ends 8/10/23)

9 comments:

  1. A cute image and the rain drops look amazing, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! I have a lot of those glass raindrops to use up!😀

      Delete
  2. This is super cute,l ove the raindrops. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lindby! I love those little raindrops, too! So glad to finally use them!

      Delete
  3. Darling image and I love the way you've used the color and design of the stencil to inspire the scene. It evokes the rain storm perfectly. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Dena! Penguin Palace has some darling stamp sets (digital and clear stamps).

      Delete
  4. This is such a lovely colour palette. Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this fortnight. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah! I love those colors, too!

      Delete
  5. Another adorable card! Love how you added the glass raindrops!! :)

    ReplyDelete