Saturday, July 29, 2023

You Kanga-Rule Card

Have you ever seen a purple kangaroo before? I'm following a color challenge over at Penguin Palace's challenge blog, and so I thought, why not? This little kangaroo and her joey are darling, and I wanted to use them in the challenge, so I made the mama dark purple and the joey light purple so I could include them in this card for the challenge. They came from Penguin Palace's Adventure in Australia digital stamp set. I love that the joey is holding a beach ball! That's perfect for this month's challenge over at Inspiration Station where the challenge graphic includes a beach ball. I sized up the mama kangaroo and joey as well as the sentiment from the set and did a print and cut using my Silhouette Cameo 4. Then I colored the digi with my Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol markers and also colored the sentiment label with the same light purple I used on the joey. I added them with foam tape to a card panel I had stenciled using the Penguin Palace Aster Charm Stencils 360 stencil. If you've never heard of the Stencils 360 platform and stencils, I highly recommend taking a look here: Stencils 360°™ - Penguin Palace (ppstamps.com)

The asters in this stencil kind of remind me of fireworks. I think if I left the leaves off them, I could easily do them in red and blue on a white background for a 4th of July card. 

 

ppstampschallenge.blog: Photo/color challenge:


Art Impressions Blog: V is for Vacation Challenge #356 Week 2 (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com): Vacation (I'd love to go to Australia on vacation!) (1/2; ends 8/3/23)

Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): Photo prompt: My card includes a beach ball like the inspiration photo 😀

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (4/6; ends 8/11/23)

TIME OUT Challenges: There's a sign that says "Make and Create" in this graphic, and that's what I did with this card! I took out my Stencils 360 platform and had a great time playing with my new Penguin Palace stencils making and creating lots of cards this weekend! It was so much fun! (1/5; ends 8/2/23) C5

No more challenges

6 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I lone that sentiment. I got to go to Europe (London, Germany and Austria) this past spring. It was my first time abroad. It was amazing!! Australia would be at the top of my list too. Hope you make it someday. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee! A trip to Australia would be amazing for sure! Glad you could visit Europe this spring. Sounds like you had a great time!

      Delete
  2. Adorable card! I love the cool background you created! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love the purple kangaroo! Thanks for playing along with the Penguin Palace challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete