Thursday, July 13, 2023

Rooting For You Get Well Card

A young man from my church was recently in a very serious car accident, and his mom told me he had a setback last week when an infection set in (he's still hospitalized). She said he was feeling very discouraged, so I thought I would make a cheerful get well card for him and let him know I'm keeping him in my prayers. 

For the card base, I followed Lisa Curcio's instructions to create a cut file in my Silhouette Design Studio software. I love that this card design can be portrait or landscape, and I created another card with the cut file in landscape, also. Here's a link to the video if you'd like to create this card base: (2) How to Make a Fun Fold Birthday Card With an Extraordinary Flap - YouTube.

After cutting out the card base, I layered it with this darling garden-themed card stock I recently found at my favorite craft store. Then I stamped and die cut the adorable veggies from Lawn Fawn's "Rooting for You" stamp set and coordinating dies. The "We're rooting for you" and "Have an upbeet day" sentiments are from the same set.


Close up of the root veggies:


I added three beets to the inside of the flap and then stamped "have an upbeet day" and adhered it to a die cut label:



Inside the card, I added a few strips of pattern papers for decoration and then stamped and fussy cut the "get well soon" sentiment from Lawn Fawn's On the Mend stamp set:



Challenges I'm entering:

Challenges | Lawn Fawnatics: Fun with Food (1/4; ends 7/16/23)


Dream Valley Challenges: Dies and/or punches (3/3; ends 7/22/23)

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -1st to the 25th every month: Food and/or Drink (3/5; ends at the end of the month)

Double D Challenges (daranddiane.blogspot.com): The great outdoors (1/3; ends 7/16/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for this week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 7/19/23)

Stamping Sensations: Summer Flowers or ATG with stamping as the focal point (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: Fabulous Florals or ATG (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges







 

19 comments:

  1. Certainly is a fun card and sure it will cheer the recipient in hospital, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, this fun card should bring a smile to his face and hopefully encourage him through this difficult time. Thank you sharing at PIP and CCC.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card surely to cheer anyone up!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card for your friend, Carrie! Guys love punny cards, don't they? It will definitely bring a smile. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful card!! It's bound to bring a bit of encouragement to the young man! Sending prayers! Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it is good to know that this young man has you in his corner. First the card and then the prayers. Thanks for linking up with us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow!! another amazing shaped and fun card!!! and those garden veggies have my heart! they couldn't be cuter!! love this! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha, that Rooting for You set is a favorite! I love that the set comes with little faces for them!

      Delete
  8. Thanks, Darlene! This was definitely a fun one to make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this is a fun card. It's sure to brighten someone's day. Thank you for sharing a link to the video. I'll be trying it soon. Thank you for entering Creative Creases Challenge #61. See you for #62.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s such an easy card design but so fun! I look forward to seeing what you’ll make!

      Delete
  10. This is such a fun card, it would cheer anyone up.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete