Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Triple Tier Pull Up Birthday Card

I recently watched a Tami White Youtube video tutorial on how to make a triple tier pull out card, and since I needed to make a birthday card for one of my nieces, I decided to give this fun card style a try! I'm glad I did! Interactive cards are my favorite kind to make, and I had fun with this one. If you'd like to try this card design yourself, here's a link to the video: ðŸ”´ 3 Tiered Pull Up Card Making: A Free Step-by-Step Guide to Crafting Fun Fold Cards - YouTube

The first step to creating this card was to try making a card template with some scrap papers. I've learned over the years not to waste my good papers on the first attempt at a new fun fold card 😂! So I tried it and adjusted it slightly on the template. Then I chose some fun birthday papers I had in my stash and pulled out Hero Arts' "Congrats and Happy" stamp and cut set as well as Hero Arts' "Blessings" stamp and cut set for the sentiment and SU!'s "Share A Milkshake" stamps and dies for the waffle cone, ice cream scoops, whipped cream and cherry on the front (as well as the die cut behind the waffle cone). I also stamped the "Hope your day is sweet" sentiment using a MFT stamp set. One of the birthday papers had some elements I fussy cut to decorate with also: the "Celebrate" banner, the "birthday girl" banner, the "yay for today" sentiment, and the little line of presents that I popped up with foam tape. I die cut two Gina Marie Designs stitched banner dies for the "Have a sweet day" sentiment, and that's where I'll write my personal note to my niece. 

To attach the pink floss, I die cut a small circle and folded it before I attached it to the very top of the card. Then I tried to hole punch it, but there were too many layers. I hadn't tried to do this part of the card on my template unfortunately! I wound up taking a craft knife and following the edge of where I tried to use the hole punch. I was able to cut away a circle shape so I had a place to attach the floss. 

Front of the card with all three layers exposed:


Back of the card with all three layers exposed:



Front of the card with the first two layers exposed:



Back of the card with the first two layers exposed:


Front of the card with only the bottom layer exposed:


Back of the card with only the bottom layer exposed:




 Challenges I'm entering: 


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week and 6/10 for the challenge; ends 8/1/23)


Hero Arts Blog | Hero Arts: Here Comes the Sun (I used summer colors and 2 Hero Arts sets: Congrats and Happy and Blessings stamp and cut)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (2/6; ends 8/9/23)



7 comments:

  1. What a great fun fold, Carrie. I'm sure you removed all the calories! Thank you for sharing at Creative Creases.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! No calories in the card, but the waffle cone makes me hungry for a real ice cream treat!

      Delete
  2. I love this. So beautifully done, pretty details. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun pull out card Carrie

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete