Saturday, July 15, 2023

Have an "Upbeet" Day Lawn Fawn Twisted Fun Fold Slimline Card

This week for the cards I send to shut ins from my church, I decided to use a card design from Lisa Curcio that she calls the Twisted Fun Fold Slimline Card. If you'd like to try this card design, be sure to check out her video here: ðŸ”´Make This Twisted Fun Fold Slimline Card for Halloween - YouTube. She also has a template you can download on her blog. I found the template helpful, and I was also grateful for my Stampin' Up paper trimmer that has both a cutting blade and a scoring tool on it because there's a lot of both cutting and scoring for this card design. At one point I popped off the cutting blade so I wouldn't inadvertently cut when I needed to score (you can probably guess what happened just before that! 😂). I love that I can pop the cutting blade out when I just need to do some scoring so I don't ruin my papers by getting distracted and using the cutting blade when I need the scoring one!


I recently found the most adorable Doodlebug papers with fruits and veggies on them that I think go perfectly with Lawn Fawn's "Rooting for You" stamp and die set. I stamped and die cut beets from that set and stamped the "hope you have an upbeet day" sentiment to add to the front panel. I added some "dirt" by using a splatter stamp from Stampin' Up's retired Painted Poppies stamp set before adhering the sentiment and beet to each panel. Then I attached the panel to a belly band on all the cards except my prototype (the prototype didn't stay closed the way I wanted it to, so I decided to make a belly band for the other cards in the set). 

Here's a look at the front of the card when closed:


Here's what it looks like without the belly band:


For the inside of the card, I wanted to add a verse that went with the theme of "upbeet day" from the front of the card, so I created a print and cut of the verse "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" from Psalm 118:24. I used Blossom Script font to write the verse. I matted it on the same green card stock I used for the green triangles and then added a strip of the reverse side of the paper with the fruits and veggies lined up with their names underneath them. 





I decorated the back with some splatter stamps from SU!'s Gathered Wheat and Painted Poppies to create the dirt behind the Lawn Fawn "Rooting for You" stamped and die cut vegetables. The belly band for this card was different from the other cards where I used scraps from the black and red card stock I used for the card base. 


This is how the back looks when the card is opened. I left room for a message above the veggies:


Close up of the darling little stamped and die cut veggies:


Close up of one of the belly band: 


Here's a look at the prototype card I made where I decorated both the inside and outside with a full set of triangles and attached the front panel directly to the right side of the card. I had to hold it closed:


For the prototype card, I followed Lisa's instructions to decorate all panels on the inside and outside of the card, but for the remaining cards, I didn't decorate the panels that don't show in the front. Since my card base was made of double-sided card stock, there was still a contrasting color on those undecorated panels:


Here's the back of the prototype card:


Here's a view of 3 of the cards (I ended up making a set of 8 because they are such cheerful, fun cards!):


Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope you have something to rejoice about today! 

 Challenges I'm entering: 

Challenges | Lawn Fawnatics: Fun with food (2/4; ends 7/16/23)


Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -1st to the 25th every month: Food and/or Drink (5/5; ends at the end of the month)

Double D Challenges (daranddiane.blogspot.com): The great outdoors (3/3; ends 7/16/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for this week; 6/10 for the challenge; ends 7/19/23)

Stamping Sensations: Summer Flowers or ATG with stamping as the focal point (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: Fabulous Florals or ATG (3/3; ends at the end of the month)


Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (1/3; ends 7/28/23)

Allsorts challenge blog: There's a beautiful moodboard, but I chose the ATG option this time (1/3; ends 7/22/23)


613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com):ATG (5/8; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)


Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (1/3; ends 7/28/23)


The Crafting Challenge: Summer Time (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

29 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness, I love the stamps, the paper, the punny sentiment, and the fun fold! It all goes together perfectly! Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards and fold love the p.papers and all the veggies.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun card fold, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - love all the cards you made with this super fold. TFS the video link as I’d like a go at making this. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarn! I hope you enjoy the design!

      Delete
  5. wow!! this is so creative and adorable! what a sweet card and sooooo cool! wow! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Samantha! Lawn Fawn has so many adorable stamps to play with!

      Delete
  6. Thank you very much, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your church friends will absolutely love these special fun fold cards, Carrie! I love how you found paper to go with this cute theme. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! I'm looking forward to my GD spot on CCC this Friday!

      Delete
  8. OMGosh they are gorgeous, the fancy fold is a lovely twist,
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge,
    this week we hope you will join us again,
    Crafty hugs,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous design to go with these sweet images! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 The Avenue Create! So glad you came to play on our street!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kate! I love fun fold cards!

      Delete
  10. Amazing cards Carrie! I've never tried this fold. Great inspiration to try something new and challenging. Thank you for entering Creative Creases Challenge #61. See you for #62.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rae! I appreciate all your sweet comments on my blog!

      Delete
  11. Awesome!! Thanks so much for participating in our CREATIVE CRAFTERS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful and creative card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles challenge!
    Hope to see you again soon.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cards! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. complimenti bel progetto. grazie per aver partecipato alla sfida di The Crafting Challenge. continua a giocare con noi... Dt Manuela

    ReplyDelete