Friday, July 21, 2023

KCC11 Sketch 1 Fleece Navidad Lawn Fawn Card

Earlier this year, I heard about a card challenge where 6 pieces of 6X6 inch design paper were used to create 15 cards. I was intrigued and joined the Kendra's Card Challenge FB group to have access to the instructions. Every 3 months, Kendra creates a cutting guide and 15 sketches to create a set of cards with the 6 pattern papers of your choice. This is my first month to give it a go, and this card is from sketch 1 in the series of 15. Forgive me if you are reading multiple blog posts from this card series because I'm repeating the information about Kendra's Card Challenge (KCC) in each post for the 15 cards in the series. 

I recently bought a 6X6 paper pad with Christmas papers, and since Christmas in July is a popular theme for card challenges this month, I set to work cutting all 6 Christmas papers according to Kendra's guide. Let me tell you that I was glad my paper pad had multiples of each pattern because I messed up my cutting more than once! I think it will be easier the next time around, but my pro tip to you is to be sure you can give it your full attention where you are following the cutting guides for the 6 papers 😂. If you are interested in joining in on Kendra's Card Challenge, you'll find all the details here: Kendra's Card Challenges | Facebook. Something to consider that I hadn't realized before beginning this project was that there are a lot of extra pieces of cardstock required to create the cards. There are many layers to these cards that aren't included in the pieces cut for the sketches with the 6 pieces of 6X6 pattern papers, so keep that in mind. You'll want to have plenty of coordinating colors of card stock to use for your layers. 

Once I had all the papers cut, the fun part started! The card sketches can be adapted to any theme, and I found that I could use all sorts of bits and pieces from my Christmas stash. For the first sketch, I pulled out my Lawn Fawn Baaah Humbug stamp set and stamped one of the cute sheep from the set as well as a little Santa hat for him and the "Fleece navidad" sentiment.  I love a good pun! I fussy cut the sheep and the Santa hat since I don't have the coordinating dies for this set. I also used some embossing paste and my heat tool to make them a bit fluffy. It's a cute effect that adds some nice texture! I used my Ohuhu Honolulu markers to color the red in the Santa hat and the peach and pink for the sheep's face, feet, and ear. 


Close up of the heat-set embossing paste:


 Challenges I'm entering: 

Challenges | Lawn Fawnatics: Christmas in July (1/4; ends 8/6/23)

Snippets Playground (pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com): Christmas and snippets--I used the last bit of white ribbon on the spool for the double bow on the card and also used snippets of white and green for the sentiment strip and mat layer behind it (1/1; ends 7/22/23). I'm so glad I found your challenge! I have a box that is overflowing with snippets of paper I just can't bring myself to throw away, and now I'll have homework to use it on! Top Pick 7/30/23

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: Christmas in July; Thing 3: santa hat; Thing 2: Entered Jingle Belles challenge (1/4; ends 7/28/23)

jingle belles: Santa's Hat (jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com): ATG Christmas with santa's hat (ends 7/28/23)

52 Christmas Card Throwdown (52cct.blogspot.com): Fussy cutting (ends 8/4/23)

Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog: Christmas in July (unlimited entries; ends 8/4/23)

Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas animals (7/25/23)

Christmas Craft Creations (christmas-craft-creations.blogspot.com): ATG Christmas (1/3; ends at the end of the month) 


Double D Challenges (daranddiane.blogspot.com): Christmas in July (1/3; ends 7/30/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: 4-legged friends (1/5; ends 7/26/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 8/2/23)

Crafter's Cafe (crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas in July (1/8; ends 8/15/23)


38 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie! What a wonderful idea the 6 x 6 paper thing sounds - I'll be off to Facebook to join as I love anything like that. LOVE your Christmas card and you used one of my favourite sheep themes as well. My stamps and dies came from Clearly Besotted here in the UK but are remarkably similar. Always make me smile! Delighted you're glad to have found our Snippets Playground - we would love you to join in regularly. Whisper, Sarn is the one who gets up to all the mischief!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Di! I think you'll enjoy Kendra's Card Challenge, and there's lots of fun inspiration on that FB page.

      Delete
  2. Forgot to mention - if you wish to be in the prize draw can you please say so in a comment over on the challenge. We post to anywhere! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good pun too and this cute Christmas card really hits the spot.

    Mischief? Moi?? I can't understand why Di thinks that. I mean, I cleared up the sick after I hung upside down from the monkey bars following a rather large Eggnog cocktail!!!!!

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Meet you up in the Treehouse for some Snowballs (Eggnog) later! Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarn! I'm so glad you visited my "Upbeet Day" blog post so I could get to "know" you and find out about the Snippets Challenge when I paid a visit to your blog to return the favor!

      Delete
  4. Such a fun card and lots a cute little fleecy sheep

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little fluffy sheep is is adorably cute, what a pretty Christmas card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Carrie. The sheep is adorable and love his fluffy coat. Gorgeous papers and love that pretty bow. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card--love a little humor around the holidays!! Thanks for sharing at Christmas Craft Creations!

    Please note that to be eligible for our prizes, or to be our winner or honourable mention, you should include our challenge graphic in your blog post. I’ll check back before the challenge end date to see if you’ve updated to be eligible 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like quite a challenge, and I can't wait to see how you go with all 15. Gosh, this is cute! Your fleece looks fantastic and I love your giant bow. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute - I love the texture on the sheep

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome card, the perfect pairing of critter, sentiment and papers! So happy you could join our Santa Hat fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your kind comments on my Christmas cards, Lauren!

      Delete
  11. Carrie, what a super cute holiday card! I love the play on words, too. Your using of embossing paste for the "fuzzy" parts of our card is so clever. Thank you for the link to Kendra's FB page, I went over to it and joined it right away since I love these types of challenges!! So happy you found us at Double Trouble, and shared your card and creativity with us for our "Santa's Hat" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, that's great that you joined the KCC FB page! Isn't it a fun idea?! I can't wait to see what you create using the sketches!

      Delete
  12. What a cute play on words, Carrie! Your card is lovely and the way you added the "fluffy wool" is so clever. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #143. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melanie! I love the way the embossing paste worked!

      Delete
  13. Such an adorable Christmas card! Love the papers and the great texture you added to the lamb. Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all you kind comments, Celeste!

      Delete
  14. How cute is that textury little holiday lamb ... so very glad you joined us with your Santa Hat at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic festive card :-))
    Thank you for joining us at 52CCT❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable Christmas card and great fussy cutting and texture on the lamb! Love the pretty papers and the sentiment! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic Christmas card.
    Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, your fluffy sheep in her Santa hat is just too darn cute! Love the punny sentiment and all the pretty patterned papers! Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carrie, I love your fleece-y lamb. Love it! What a great use for that heat-set embossing paste. Thanks so much for sharing with us Send a Smile 4 Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sybrina! I appreciate all your kind comments on my blog!

      Delete