Monday, July 24, 2023

KCC11 Sketch 8: Gerda Steiner Designs

Earlier this year, I heard about a card challenge where 6 pieces of 6X6 inch design paper were used to create 15 cards. I was intrigued and joined the Kendra's Card Challenge FB group to have access to the instructions. Every 3 months, Kendra creates a cutting guide and 15 sketches to create a set of cards with the 6 pattern papers of your choice. This is my first month to give it a go, and this card is from sketch 8 in the series of 15. Forgive me if you are reading multiple blog posts from this card series because I'm repeating the information about Kendra's Card Challenge (KCC) in each post for the 15 cards in the series. 

I recently bought a 6X6 paper pad with Christmas papers, and since Christmas in July is a popular theme for card challenges this month, I set to work cutting all 6 Christmas papers according to Kendra's guide. Let me tell you that I was glad my paper pad had multiples of each pattern because I messed up my cutting more than once! I think it will be easier the next time around, but my pro tip to you is to be sure you can give it your full attention where you are following the cutting guides for the 6 papers 😂. If you are interested in joining in on Kendra's Card Challenge, you'll find all the details here: Kendra's Card Challenges | Facebook. Something to consider that I hadn't realized before beginning this project was that there are a lot of extra pieces of cardstock required to create the cards. There are many layers to these cards that aren't included in the pieces cut for the sketches with the 6 pieces of 6X6 pattern papers, so keep that in mind. You'll want to have plenty of coordinating colors of card stock to use for your layers. 

Once I had all the papers cut, the fun part started! The card sketches can be adapted to any theme, and I found that I could use all sorts of bits and pieces from my Christmas stash. I used a digital stamp by Gerda Steiner Designs and sized it up and did a print and cut of it using my Silhouette Cameo 4. I colored the digi using Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol markers. 

I had loads of Christmas ephemera in my stash, so I was excited to use it on my card set. For this card, I added 3 stars made of kraft cardstock with gold and silver centers and a "Making memories" sentiment strip.


Challenges I'm entering: 


Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge #19: Christmas and stars (with coffee, tea, or hot cocoa): (1/3; ends 7/25/23)



Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas in July (2/3; ends 7/26/23)

Most Magical Time of the Year!: ATG Halloween or Christmas (ends at the end of the month)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: Christmas in July; Thing 3: santa hat; Thing 2: Entered Jingle Belles challenge (4/4; ends 7/28/23)

jingle belles: Santa's Hat (jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com): ATG Christmas with santa's hat (ends 7/28/23)

Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas animals (7/25/23)

Crafter's Cafe (crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas in July (4/8; ends 8/15/23)

Dream Valley Challenges: Christmas in July (2/3; ends 8/7/23)

Creative Knockouts: Christmas in July (1/3; ends 8/3/23) C10 

No more challenges

23 comments:

  1. Fab card - it really made me smile and such a good idea for using scraps. Thanks for sharing at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun card. A lovely choice of papers. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Carrie. The image is so cute and your colouring is perfect. Your are doing so great with the sketches and the papers are fab. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you have been busy … I think the Kendra Card Challenge is perfect for all those holiday card and I’m sure you will have loads ready for Christmas - cute little Christmas chick

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! I’m building up my holiday card stash with this challenge which is great!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year with your wonderful project. Val - DT
    https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh that chickie is way too cute! Another fab card! So happy you could join our Santa Hat fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, another fun holiday card inspired by Kendra's challenge! Your card is so cute with that holiday chick wearing his Santa hat!! Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I loved the Santa hat challenge!

      Delete
  8. Love the chick wearing Santa's cap, Carrie! Great assortment of patterned paper, too. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #143. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melanie! It was a fun challenge!

      Delete
  9. Another pretty card from your 6 x 6, and definitely you have better pattern choices than me. Great job on the sketch, love the chick you added in the middle of the sketch. Thanks again for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne! This was one of my favorite layouts from all 15 sketches. I love the folded papers and how that displays the double-sided patterns on both sides.

      Delete
  10. a fun combination of designer papers to frame your little holiday cutie ... thanks again for joining us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete