Friday, July 28, 2023

Sending Blessings Fun-Fold Cards

This week's set of cards for the shut-ins I send happy mail to features a fun fold using instructions from Connie Stewart's YouTube channel. I follow several SU! demonstrators for fun fold ideas, and Connie is one of them. She just called this a 5-minute fun fold card, so I don't have a special name for the card design, but it's basically a z-fold card with a panel that is scored and glued down on the left side of the card (like a library fold card). Here's a link to her video if you'd like to learn how to make the card base: (1) Want A Refreshing Craft? Make These Two 5 Minute Fun Fold Cards - YouTube

I had some lovely floral paper from SU! in my stash, and I decided it was time to use it rather than "saving" it for something special. My shut-ins ARE special, and I love it when I can make them something lovely to brighten their day. So after choosing the design paper, I then chose some coordinating card stock for the base of the card and set to work following Connie's instructions on how to create the card. 

For embellishments, I added some butterfly die cuts from SU!'s retired Butterfly Brilliance set and used Hero Arts' Blessings stamp and cut set for the "sending blessings" sentiment. I stamped the word "sending" and then die cut the word "blessings" out of adhesive-backed foam. 

For the back of the card, I used scraps from the pieces I had cut for the rest of the card and then did a print and cut of Psalm 90:14: "Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." The word art for the verse came from a file I purchased in the Silhouette Design Store. I decorated the backs of the cards with some foliage I had stamped and die cut using SU!'s retired Forever Fern and Splendid Thoughts sets. 

































 Challenges I'm entering: 

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #62 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (ends 8/4/23) Debbie, thanks so much for the Butterfly Brilliance and Forever Fern sets! 

Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: July 2023 Challenge | Hero Arts: Here Comes the Sun. I used "Blessings" stamp and cut set for the sentiment on the front of the card (ends 8/6/23)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (4/6; ends 8/11/23)

 simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (3/5; ends 8/1/23)


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week and 8/10 for the challenge; ends 8/1/23)

Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges: Anything Flies (3/5; ends 7/28/23)

Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): Flowers with butterflies (unlimited entries; ends 8/14/23)

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful fun fold cards, Carrie! I haven't seen this one from Connie before - thanks for the link to the tutorial. Looks fun and shows off pretty papers! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! Connie is great with easy fun fold card designs, and this was from just a few days ago. I really enjoy her YouTube videos and the way she always has a free project sheet to download with all the measurements.

      Delete
  2. Carrie, another beauty...what more can I say. Well, I can say I am hoarding this DSP...lol!! Thank you for entering it at CCC.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, it's such pretty DSP! And there's no way to order more of it! It's such a dilemma! But I'm determined to use my "special" papers! Let's see what you make with these papers you've been hoarding too! I bet you'll come up with something gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done Carrie. Your shut-ins will love these cheerful little notes. hank you for joining us at Creative Creases. Hope you see you for #63.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A set of really pretty cards and the fold does make the shape look different. Thsnkyou for coming and playing again in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete