Monday, July 24, 2023

KCC11 Sketch 3: Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge

Earlier this year, I heard about a card challenge where 6 pieces of 6X6 inch design paper were used to create 15 cards. I was intrigued and joined the Kendra's Card Challenge FB group to have access to the instructions. Every 3 months, Kendra creates a cutting guide and 15 sketches to create a set of cards with the 6 pattern papers of your choice. This is my first month to give it a go, and this card is from sketch 3 in the series of 15. Forgive me if you are reading multiple blog posts from this card series because I'm repeating the information about Kendra's Card Challenge (KCC) in each post for the 15 cards in the series. 

I recently bought a 6X6 paper pad with Christmas papers, and since Christmas in July is a popular theme for card challenges this month, I set to work cutting all 6 Christmas papers according to Kendra's guide. Let me tell you that I was glad my paper pad had multiples of each pattern because I messed up my cutting more than once! I think it will be easier the next time around, but my pro tip to you is to be sure you can give it your full attention where you are following the cutting guides for the 6 papers 😂. If you are interested in joining in on Kendra's Card Challenge, you'll find all the details here: Kendra's Card Challenges | Facebook. Something to consider that I hadn't realized before beginning this project was that there are a lot of extra pieces of cardstock required to create the cards. There are many layers to these cards that aren't included in the pieces cut for the sketches with the 6 pieces of 6X6 pattern papers, so keep that in mind. You'll want to have plenty of coordinating colors of card stock to use for your layers. 

Once I had all the papers cut, the fun part started! The card sketches can be adapted to any theme, and I found that I could use all sorts of bits and pieces from my Christmas stash. For this sketch, I used a graphic from Creative Fabrika and sized it up and did a print and cut of it using my Silhouette Cameo 4. I added a red layer behind it using a Gina Marie Designs stitched circle die and then added another white circle behind the red one for the 3 layers the sketch showed. 

To decorate the card, I added a star that I die cut in silver metallic card stock and then a little "Ho, ho, ho" sentiment banner with a metal Christmas bells charm attached with twine. 




Challenges I'm entering: 

Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge #19: Coffee + Stars (3/3; ends 7/25/23) 


Most Magical Time of the Year!: ATG Halloween or Christmas (ends at the end of the month)

Crafter's Cafe (crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas in July (7/8; ends 8/15/23)

 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year with your wonderful project. Val - DT
    https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love all of the patterns and layers! Thanks for playing along at Caffeinated Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this turned out! Thanks for joining us for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete