Saturday, July 29, 2023

Make A Splash Card

Have you heard of the Card Makers Success Summit coming up August 10-13? I registered for it and bought the VIP package this time around, and included in the VIP package was this adorable Penguin Palace digital stamp set called "Puddles of Fun." I thought it was a great set to use for the color scheme in the PP Challenge this month. It's blues and purples, and that goes great with the rainy theme of the set.

I stenciled Penguin Palace's Stencils 360 Sacred Lotus stencil onto an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of white card stock and then cut the panel into several pieces to use as backgrounds for 3 different cards. 

I adhered the panel to a purple A2 card base and then did a print and cut of the digi and sentiment using my Silhouette Cameo 4. I colored the girl, the sentiment strip, and the puddle using my Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol markers. I put the sentiment on a strip of washi tape in a fun pattern, glued down the puddle and then popped the girl up using foam tape. I added some glass raindrops from my stash (I've had them for YEARS and was so excited to use them!). I love that the Sacred Lotus stencil makes a big enough design to be used on several A2 cards. 




Challenges I'm entering:


 ppstampschallenge.blog

Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): The graphic shows water, and my card also has water: raindrops and a puddle (7/8; ends at the end of the month)

CD Sunday Plus Challenge (cdsundaychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with something from a CD, USB, or digital download. I used a digi stamp and sentiment from Penguin Palace's Puddles of Fun set (2/3; ends 8/6/23)

10 comments:

  1. This is a sweet image and adorable card. Have fun at the Summit! Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge, we appreciate the support!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all you sweet comments, Donna!

      Delete
  2. Nothing to do but go and jump in a puddle. Brilliant! Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your kind comments, Jocelyn!

      Delete
  3. Here is that puddle again. I call it rubbing it in. Another great card.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! I thought that set paired well with the colors for PP’s challenge this month.

      Delete
  4. Great card, love the puddles
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I hope you enjoy the Summit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a great time at the Summit! I always enjoy watching Ardyth work her magic with the Stencils 360 platform, and this time was no exception! The tip about moving the stencil up on the platform to create a larger stenciled background was brilliant!

      Delete