Sunday, July 23, 2023

KCC11 Sketch 6

Earlier this year, I heard about a card challenge where 6 pieces of 6X6 inch design paper were used to create 15 cards. I was intrigued and joined the Kendra's Card Challenge FB group to have access to the instructions. Every 3 months, Kendra creates a cutting guide and 15 sketches to create a set of cards with the 6 pattern papers of your choice. This is my first month to give it a go, and this card is from sketch 6 in the series of 15. Forgive me if you are reading multiple blog posts from this card series because I'm repeating the information about Kendra's Card Challenge (KCC) in each post for the 15 cards in the series. 

I recently bought a 6X6 paper pad with Christmas papers, and since Christmas in July is a popular theme for card challenges this month, I set to work cutting all 6 Christmas papers according to Kendra's guide. Let me tell you that I was glad my paper pad had multiples of each pattern because I messed up my cutting more than once! I think it will be easier the next time around, but my pro tip to you is to be sure you can give it your full attention where you are following the cutting guides for the 6 papers 😂. If you are interested in joining in on Kendra's Card Challenge, you'll find all the details here: Kendra's Card Challenges | Facebook. Something to consider that I hadn't realized before beginning this project was that there are a lot of extra pieces of cardstock required to create the cards. There are many layers to these cards that aren't included in the pieces cut for the sketches with the 6 pieces of 6X6 pattern papers, so keep that in mind. You'll want to have plenty of coordinating colors of card stock to use for your layers. 

Once I had all the papers cut, the fun part started! The card sketches can be adapted to any theme, and I found that I could use all sorts of bits and pieces from my Christmas stash. For this card, I pulled out my Lawn Fawn Baaah Humbug stamp set and stamped one of the cute sheep from the set as well as a little santa hat for him.  I fussy cut them out since I don't have the coordinating dies for this set. For the sheep and the santa hat, I used some embossing paste and my heat tool to make them a bit fluffy. It's a cute effect that adds some nice texture! I followed the card sketch with the pieces I had cut out of pattern paper and then added the "Merry Christmas" sentiment using a Lawn Fawn die. I colored the red part of the hat and the sheep's face, legs, and ears with Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol markers. 




 Challenges | Lawn Fawnatics: Christmas in July (2/4; ends 8/6/23)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: Christmas in July; Thing 3: santa hat; Thing 2: Entered Jingle Belles challenge (2/4; ends 7/28/23)

jingle belles: Santa's Hat (jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com): ATG Christmas with santa's hat (ends 7/28/23)

Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog: Christmas in July (unlimited entries; ends 8/4/23)

Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas animals (7/25/23)

52 Christmas Card Throwdown (52cct.blogspot.com): Fussy cutting (ends 8/4/23)

Christmas Craft Creations (christmas-craft-creations.blogspot.com): ATG Christmas (2/3; ends at the end of the month) 


Double D Challenges (daranddiane.blogspot.com): Christmas in July (2/3; ends 7/30/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: 4-legged friends (2/5; ends 7/26/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 8/2/23)

Crafter's Cafe (crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com): Christmas in July (2/8; ends 8/15/23)

32 comments:

  1. What a sweet little Christmas sheep! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card it’s a great sketch layout

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of extra strips for banners, a great combination of prints for your Christmas sheep! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie! This set of cards was a fun project!

      Delete
  4. Another fun card Carrie. The fluffy sheep is so cute and your colouring is perfect. I love the layout and pretty papers. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mix of elegance in your card design, with this fun sheep! Great job! Thanks for sharing this one with us at Passion for Markers too.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW ... what a clever design ... love it! And of course that cute Christmas sheep lol. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet is that sheep and the banner is so festive too! So happy you could join our Santa Hat fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun layout with the banners and the patterned papers! Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card sketch you've used and your sheep is so cute too!

    Thanks for joining us at the Double Trouble Challenge.

    Helen x
    (Guest Crazy Cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice selection of patterned papers for your banner and adorable sheep. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. another adorable little lamby ... so very glad you joined us again with your Santa Hat at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carrie... cute design and great fussy cutting on your lamb. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Christmas Card Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pattern papers you used. Thanks for joining our challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my! You really have been inspired by Kendra's sketches. Good for you... and terrific for us at SAS4Kids! Thanks for linking up a second card! Looks like I have at least one more to check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sybrina! The sketch challenge was a lot of fun!

      Delete